There are a number of medical treatments and procedures that can disturb a healthy mouth such as:
- Kidney dialysis
- Surgical procedures
Chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy can cause dysfunction of the major and minor salivary glands, resulting in hyposalivation (reduced saliva production) and dry mouth. Besides distress and discomfort, persistent dry mouth and the lack of salivary enzymes can increase the likelihood of oral complications.
Common oral complications during and after treatment:
- Mucositis / Stomatitis
Mild to severe inflammation and ulceration of the mucosal lining
Bacterial, viral and fungal infections
- Dental Decay & Demineralization
Lack of high quality saliva increases the risk of Caries
- Functional Disabilities
Compromised speaking, chewing and swallowing
- Altered Taste
Bland to metallic or bitter tasting food
- Nutritional Compromise
Eating difficulties caused by mucositis, dry mouth
How can Oral7 help?
- Specially formulated with natural salivary enzymes to provide gentle, yet effective oral care for at-risk individuals.
- Replaces the natural enzymes lacking in individuals suffering from treatment induced dry mouth, reinforcing the mouth’s natural defence system.
- Soothes and hydrates the entire mouth, helping to maintain gum and mucosal lining integrity.
- Soothes inflammation* and protects mouth tissue against minor irritations for lasting relief.
*With reference to Oral7 Mouth Gel that contains Aloe Vera, an ingredient well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties.